Tuesday, March 13, 2007

My Cinematic Life, in a Nutshell

Alright, blog, you've waited long enough. I made a promise, and I'm going to keep it.
Are you ready?...
This is the part where I spill my guts and then tell you a little bit about myself.

On the other hand, let's just do the latter.

My name is Sarah Oren and I'm going to be a film editor. Goodness knows that we all have had our confusions about where we're going in life and what path is our "destiny." But who's to say that it hasn't been there under your nose the entire time? Since I was really young, I've been scrapbooking; family events, summer excursions, wild vacations, etc. This is the stuff of great albums. This brings me to my next point where I tell you how scrapbooking has affected my life. Through the painstaking hours spend cutting out paper and writing captions and glueing photos down, I've learned an invaluable skill about editing. I learned how to have patience with my creativity, how to make good artistic decisions, and how to present an appealing piece of work. I'm so thankful for my mother's frequent trips to AC Moore for scrapbook supplies, how could I have done without means for my craft?!

The next step in my ever-improving scrapbooking process? Movies. I began making video scrapbooks when I was of junior high school age, making fun simple Imovies (with my lovely Mac). I learned how much fun they were to create and how enjoyable they were to watch. I moved onto more elaborate projects, making short documentaries in high school, and often was able to utilize my video skills for class group projects. I've lost count of how many video scrapbooks and other movies I've made, but I'm sure the tally runs high. It is my passion, my hobby, my future. Upon admission to college, I put my moviemaking drive on the backburner and hoped that a run-of-the-mill Liberal Arts major would satisfy me. But it did not. Cinema is my passion, and to not spend my days working on that makes me feel empty. Looking back, I realize just how crucial those little scrapbooks were, for they guided me to where I'm at today: a future filmmaker.

by Sarah Oren

15 Comments:

Blogger makemi said...

hmm i no this isnt the place but ill like to say...i have a new home page and its HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...good luck goin to cali...its where movie stars belong like urself

March 16, 2007 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger makemi said...

ooo by the way u remind me of that guy from dawsons creek...yes sadly i use to watch it...but keep the camera rolling, maybe one day ull be a movie star like paris hilton...remind keep the night vision on the camera on. bye

March 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM  
Blogger SarahBrooke said...

SILVERFRESH, WHO ARE YOU

and thanks, sounds like dawson's creek and i had more in common than i thought!
-sarah

March 17, 2007 at 11:09 AM  
Blogger makemi said...

i am silverfresh, aka silver, bka fresh...any more questions?

March 18, 2007 at 3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yL7xjK Your blog is great. Articles is interesting!

October 26, 2007 at 5:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hSYsz3 Thanks to author.

October 26, 2007 at 1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

October 26, 2007 at 2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

October 26, 2007 at 2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog.

October 27, 2007 at 3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

October 28, 2007 at 10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to author.

October 30, 2007 at 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, that's brilliant. Thank you. I'm going to pass that on to a couple of people.

October 30, 2007 at 4:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Article.

October 30, 2007 at 8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jx7lAl Please write anything else!

October 31, 2007 at 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Magnific!

October 31, 2007 at 2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home