Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's been real, unreal and surreal: The rest of the LA trip!



All right, now that I told you about the Jib Jab experience, it's time to fill you in on all of the other exciting moments that happened in LA! Before I do that, let me remind you of the top 5 reasons why I wanted to go to LA:


5) I Haven’t Left the Time Zone.


If it wasn't for terrible jet lag the first few nights (Sarah can attest to how I was practically sleepwalking at the jazz cafe we went to!), then I really would have enjoyed it more. But I think I was like a little kid when I kept thinking what time it is in New York! It was actually the first day, when we walked through the Third Street Promenade in the late afternoon and I saw the Yankees-Red Sox game on the TV at a restaurant bar that I got really confused!


4) Have you been to Binghamton?

Apparently we went during the worst overcast time, and the one day we were prepped for the beach, it wasn't beach weather, but even seeing the palm trees everywhere were enough for me!


3) I want to see the celebrities!


AND THAT WE DID! I almost died when I saw Dermot Mulroney (The Wedding Date, My Best Friend's Wedding,jeez...the guy loves matrimony!) at a table right next to us at this new cafe! It was at that same cafe we saw "Trey" from "The OC." So two celebs in one sitting--not to bad! Then it was the next day for dinner that we saw the actor who played "Napoleon Dynamite" at a restaurant! Not to mention seeing and taking pics with Bob Saget at The Laugh Factory and Jay Leno at The Tonight Show! Also we went to the Bill Maher show and saw Ben Affleck on the season finale (not to mention Kevin Costner and Jordin Sparks on Leno!)! But the excitement didn't end when we got back to New York. JC Chasez, formerly of N'SYNC, was spotted when we got offthe plane! I guess I didn't need to leave NY after all to see some stars!


2) I want the golden ticket!
Like the American Idol hopefuls, I want to say, “I’m going to Hollywoooooooooood!!!

All right, now coupled with my Leno experience, I didn't think that an idol reference was going to turn into a reality! It turns out on Tuesday night, after Sarah and I checked out my cousin, Damon's work on the Comedy Central show, "Lil' Bush," we walked our way over to the Kodak Theatre. Damon suggested that there could be a chance there may be some unused Will Call tickets. So I power walked my way up to the theatre.

"Tickets please...tickets!" the usher cried out.
"How do I get tickets!" I replied in a panic.
"Go try at the box office. Show starts in 5 minutes!"
So Sarah and I headed down to the office, where we were told they can't give out any tickets at that moment. So we hovered around that area and stood next to a security guard. The woman calls over the security guard two minutes later and tells him "Go start finding people to give out these tickets."
"I have two girls right here," he said.
"All right take these two."

And so I was handed an American Idol ticket and quite frankly, I think I was lifted up to our seats on Cloud Nine.

If there was anywhere in the world I wanted to be (sorry if this sounds cheesy) but it was right there at that Idol show--and since we were in LA anyway--why, we just HAD to be there! We didn't see the real finale, but we saw the night that really counted, and therefore, add Ryan, Paula, Simon and Randy to the list of celeb sightings!

1) This is my big break!

All right. Now what didn't I do out in LA you ask? Let's see, not only did we see celebs, view the shows American Idol, Jay Leno and Bill Maher, GO ON THE SET of the filming of National Treasure 2 by chance, but we checked out Universal Studios, Rodeo Drive, toured the Celebrities homes, checked out the Walk of Fame and the Chinese Theatre, covered the Santa Monica Pier, shopped at Third Street Promenade, The Grove and The Farmer's Market, walked along Venice Beach and ate at some great restaurants! Now I don't know if this was my big break--that I'll have to get back to you years from now, but I do know that this trip was an unreal, and surreal experience that I will truly NEVER forget.

I think Sarah and I are extremely fortunate to have done all we did in Los Angeles. As you can see, a lot of our cool stories and experiences all happened by chance! It all couldn't have been possible without Experience.com and Jib Jab Media!


THANK YOU!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're lucky you got out of that encounter with Bob Saget with your wallets in tact...that guys a real rogue.

June 14, 2007 at 11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home