Sunday, March 25, 2007

Top 5 Reasons Why I Need To Go To LA!



5) I Haven’t Left the Time Zone.

Sad, but true. I’ve traveled to Florida a few times, but it was to see my grandparents in Boca, which is really just an extension of New York, so that shouldn’t even count! And just last October, I FINALLY left the country when I crossed the border at Niagara Falls. So it’s safe to say I need to get out more.

4) Um, have you ever been to Binghamton?

Let’s just say it felt like -25 degrees a few weeks ago according to weather.com. If it’s not snowing, it’s raining. In fact, Binghamton is one of the top 10 rainiest cities in the country. Enough said.

3) I want to see the celebrities!

Now I’ve seen my fair share of the rich and famous: Sarah Ferguson was 10 rows behind my family and me at The Lion King on Broadway, I’ve interviewed Bob Costas and members of the New York Mets (for those sports fans at home), and I saw Bebe Neuwirth in a grocery store in the city (she’s an actress). Wow. Now that I think about it, I really haven’t seen any celebrities. I wouldn’t mind bumping elbows with George Clooney, Matthew McConaughey or of course, Mr. Brad Pitt, in LA!

2) I want the golden ticket!

Like the American Idol hopefuls, I want to say, “I’m going to Hollywoooooooooood!!!!”


And now...the #1 Reason Why I Need To Go To LA.....

[DRUMROLL]......


1) THIS IS MY BIG BREAK!

All right, while I don’t have a Hillary Swank-like story of my family living out of a car for years, life hasn’t been that easy. Getting this opportunity would really validate everything that I have strived to accomplish. Working in the entertainment field has always been a dream, and there is a part of me that wonders whether or not that will just stay a life-long dream. But this could be the beginning of an amazing future! I can see it now….

I would like to thank the Academy, the Hollywood Foreign Press, my parents, and most of all—JibJab Media—for starting me out on this incredible journey!


-Brooke

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brooke I hope this is your BIG break b/c my mom always says that she knows one day you are going to be famous and shes going to be like yeah I know her!!

Best of Luck :)

March 26, 2007 at 6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have copy writer for so good articles? If so please give me contacts, because this really rocks! :)

February 21, 2010 at 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home